Old 22-08-2003, 11:12 PM
Martin

Default [IBC] succulents as bonsai

The current succulent mavin is Susan Amoy. She has a wonderful digitized
slide show on her computer and she does great demos. She was the speaker at
LIBS last month. As for me, I'll pass on succulents as bonsai. Their
genetic characteristics cause their trunks to become barrel shaped in order
to store water. This permutation prevents the development of taper. The
fleshiness of the leaves doesn't help either.
Marty