Old 22-08-2003, 11:12 PM
gribbee

Default Tomatillos

"Robbin" wrote in message
Sounds interesting. Any info on the produce (quantity, weight, whatever)
this system provides? I didn't see anything in your description regarding
areation of the nutrient solution. Have you tried this? I would think you
could get better production if you were adding oxygen to the solution
(areation is easiest).

I've tried a fish tank bubbler in the reservoir on that theory, but it
didn't make a noticeable difference. There's plenty of air contact, between
the spaghetti tubes splashing into the batos and percolating through the
media, the spill from the batos into the drain and from the drain into the
reservoir. With about 60 gallon/hour pump and about 6 gallons in the
reservoir, the oxygen is being refreshed constantly.

OTOH, in the winter I grow greens on floats in a static pond. Putting the
air pump in that makes a big difference.