Old 23-08-2003, 12:22 AM

Default Cheap raised bed supplies/ pots/ whiskey barrels

Buy some large used (50gal+) poly syrup barrels & cut them in half?
Would be super cheap:-) How ~ the $3-4 plastic tubs at Wally Mart
or HD?

Gene

"L.A. Rizzo" wrote in message
.. .
Hi - I just moved to Austin and am hoping to do some sort of fall barrel /
raised container/ square foot - type of veggie gardening. I went to a
couple of nurseries, but all I can find is huge artistic pots for $300 and
up! I just want containers, or pottery I can paint myself - cheaper! I've
used whiskey barrels in the past, but find now the few places selling them
want $30 a pop (used to be $13!). Any suggestions? I am almost thinking

of
buying some livestock water troughs at the Tractor Supply store. I just
want to get something in quickly, without much money because I'm renting,
and just paid for relocation. Any help appreciated.

Lori