Old 23-08-2003, 02:12 AM
animaux

Default Cheap raised bed supplies/ pots/ whiskey barrels

Try Garden Ridge. Sometimes they have real wooden whiskey barrels, sometimes
plastic to look real. Also, Home Depot, Lowes and Walmart sell them for about
20 dollars, but now they may be somewhat cheaper toward the end of the summer.

Another I've done in the past is to ask garden centers how much they'd want for
their 20 and 30 gallon used plastic containers. They sell them for much less
than what they could get and I would put hypertufa on the outside of those to
make them look more realistic and trough like.

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 19:51:43 GMT, "L.A. Rizzo" opined:

Hi - I just moved to Austin and am hoping to do some sort of fall barrel /
raised container/ square foot - type of veggie gardening. I went to a
couple of nurseries, but all I can find is huge artistic pots for $300 and
up! I just want containers, or pottery I can paint myself - cheaper! I've
used whiskey barrels in the past, but find now the few places selling them
want $30 a pop (used to be $13!). Any suggestions? I am almost thinking of
buying some livestock water troughs at the Tractor Supply store. I just
want to get something in quickly, without much money because I'm renting,
and just paid for relocation. Any help appreciated.

Lori