Old 23-08-2003, 02:22 AM
Myrmecodia

Default Should I Join the AOS?

wrote in message . ..

So, what do you think? Given my tastes, is AOS membership "worth it"?

Probably, at least for a year to see if you like it. You might also
consider a subscription to Orchid Digest. I get both, but if I were
only going to subscribe to one, I think Orchid Digest would have the
edge. The occasional special issues concentrating on a single genus
are great.
http://www.orchiddigest.com

When I first started growing orchids, I found the advertisements in
the back of the AOS magazine to be very valuable. These days, I just
do google searches to find the specific plants I want and very rarely
order from a printed ad.

You might try looking at a couple of issues of both magazines to see
which you prefer.

Nick