Old 23-08-2003, 03:02 AM
Iris Cohen

Default Viola

My face is red. You know how we tell all these wet-behind-the-ears high school
students with their term papers to do a Web search first. Well, just for the
heck of it, I tried searching on "viola flowering mechanism" and sure enough, I
found an article on chasmatogamous vs. cleistogamous flowering in violets.
However, the researcher was vague on what causes the difference, so if anyone
has further information, I would like to know.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)