Old 23-08-2003, 04:06 AM
Rusty Hinge

Default Cloudy Pond Water

The message
from Jane Ransom contains these words:

Yes - indeed I did - but even in a bog garden, I think plants appreciate
*some* decent quality soil. They have a little more of that now, with
six sacks of (my own) compost dug in to enrich it a little,

A mistake, Roz
Sorry to have to say this, but next year, with all those nutrients in
the water, I think you are going to have a helluva problem with blanket
weed (((

Yes, a bog garden should have no rich soil. The bog environment is
mainly peat or similar, acidic, and very poor.

--
Rusty http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm
horrid·squeak snailything zetnet·co·uk exchange d.p. with p to