Old 23-08-2003, 04:33 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Sweet Flag

No, sweet flag won't drown. I usually divide mine in spring. Sometimes it
will have a very long rhizome coming out of the basket with just growth at
the end. I'll repot the growth and cut the rhizome up and float in my patio
pond and the sections will soon sprout new growth. ~ jan

I wonder, if I cut it back would it drown? the reason I'm asking, I didn't cut
back my golden rush over last winter and when the pond froze, the dogs "found"
new territory and peed on the dead rush. I was afraid I'd loose my fish to
ammonia come spring but it didn't happen - thank goodness.

thanks for the info, I'll wait til spring to repot.

Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH
http://hometown.aol.com/kmam1/MyPond/MyPond.html