Old 23-08-2003, 05:02 AM
Susan Erickson

Default O.T. National Do Not Call List is Up

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 11:05:07 GMT, "Diane Mancino"
wrote:

do you ever wonder how much they get paid per email?

The do not call doesn't go into affect till Oct if you've subscribed
already, but my phone isn't ringing as much already. Maybe the lists as
being circulated early. I was hanging up on them, but hung up on a few good
calls! My son hung up on the banker who called to say our refinancing was
approved! That's how maddening it had gotten. Now I'm asking who is
calling and please remove me- of course if it's a recorded message- forget
it.

In Colorado by law within the first minute they have to id them
selves and the company calling. If you ask they have to give the
address and phone number of the office.

You can burn a lot of them in one day. Many of these characters
are instructed to stay on the line until you hang up. So some
people here just put the phone down near a radio or something
that makes noise. One guy said he practiced his speech on one of
them. I love the ones who can not pronounce your name. They ask
for Mr. Eck-ker-son. I say no one by that name is here. CLICK.

SuE