Old 23-08-2003, 05:12 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Default how to plant in baskets?

There seems to be only one firm rule: If it works, it is OK.

We have ours in 1-2" rocks only. No dirt. Easy care and no roots exiting.
Our containers, however, have no side holes, only bottom or none. Lillies,
cattails, pickerel weed, etc. Works for us, cf. pondsite below.

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per jogger) at:
www.jogathon.net
See our pond at: http://www.home.bellsouth.net/p/pwp-jameshurley
"Axolotl" wrote in message
30...
What is the recommendation for plant pond plants?
I am going to use the "standard" plastic basket type planters, but

somebody
told me that I should line it with landscaping fabric in order to keep the
roots under control.
Is this a good idea?
For Lilies?
For cattails?