Old 23-08-2003, 10:02 AM
Mike Lyle

Default Hedge recommendation

"bnd777" wrote in message ...
Probably the one place where Leylandii would be useful
Pyracantha also grows quickly as does Escallonia
The latter 2 being more controllable and pretty with berries for winter
colour and feeding wild birds

"Richard Savage" wrote in message
Looking to plant a hedge to screen my front garden from the road and
provide cover for a trailer that lives in the front garden.

Suggestions gratefully received.

Thuja plicata makes a better hedge than the dreaded Leylandii: kept
trimmed, it will cover right down to the ground.

Yes, escallonia's good for an informal hedge: lovely flowers, lightly
scented, but no berries as far as I know. Maybe not for the East of
England.

Mike.