Old 23-08-2003, 02:02 PM
Alan Gould

Default Beans gone over what use?

In article , Jeanne Stockdale
writes
PS I tried Alan's method of freezing (i.e. without blanching) and was
delighted that they remained crunchy and didn't go into the usual soggy
mess. But how long can you keep them frozen if not blanched?

We usually freeze our surplus runners (without blanching) until about
mid-September. They keep perfectly well until the following year and the
new crop are ready to begin freezing. If there are still any over from
the previous year, we make soup from them or use them up in some way.
The trick is to take the pods young and tender, then string and slice
them and have them into the freezer literally within minutes of picking.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.