Old 23-08-2003, 04:02 PM
Chris Cochrane

Default [IBC] ADMIN: Old archives

Hi Peter. Hi Marty.

First, my apology to Marty for not catching his early posts. You posted frequently and thoughtfully! I think Marty was in NM at the time of early posts (the Albuquerque Club president, there) & I picked-up 'Marty & Patti' posts from Oregon when doing a q
uick-search.

Your first post, Peter, seems to be responding to a request to form the North American Viewing Stone Society on February 4, 1995 (I'll send it privately). Posting later the same month, I recall this thread while lurking on the rec.arts.bonsai newsgroup.
You were involved in a thread of 34 posts in July 1995 entitled "Internet Bonsai" that was a fascinating read for me because of the cast of respondents. It began when Marty Weiser responded to webmaster Dan Cwiertniewics: "I would vote for the internet g
roup (internet bonsai club - IBC?) continuing as a group that is separate from BCI and ABS..."

Here is how to find your own posts. First go to (I bookmarked this):
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...c.arts.bonsai. This page includes latest posts and is searchable. Here, highlight the target button beside "search only in rec.arts.bonsai" and then request "Advanced Search" at the top of the
page.

If you changed providers or signed in with a different tag, you need to capture the correctly spelled name tag or URL address to find all your posts-- but most folks don't change these often. For example, JackSprat's posts couldn't be found searching for
the author "Jack Sprat"-- note there could be posts under each name as well as posts that only are linked by author under an email address... :-)

Under "Advanced Group Search," make sure "rec.arts.bonsai" is the only group searched. You will want to sort 'by date' rather than 'by relevance'. Then, throw in the search dates you are interested in covering. The rec.arts.bonsai list goes back to Apr
il 1993. A mail list and alt.bonsai newsgroup go back to as early as August 1992 but are not captured here.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Chris