Old 23-08-2003, 05:12 PM
Nicolas Steenhout

Default [IBC] aerial roots on ficus retusa

My ficus retusa has been growing prolifically since I bought it this
spring. I haven't gotten around to turning it so the back gets any sun,
and on the back of the trunk it has been putting out aerial roots. They
aren't dropping from the undersides of branches, just sprouting from the
trunk. Should I cut them off or encourage them to grow?

I'd say that entirely depends on you and if you like aerial roots or not :-)

Reiner would probably tell you to rub them off immediately. Others would
tell you to get them growing :-)

What do you want to achieve?

Nicolas
http://www.bmee.net
"A community that excludes even one of its members is no community at all"
- Dan Wilkins

++++Sponsored, in part, by Dale Cochoy++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++