Old 23-08-2003, 05:42 PM
Jerry Meislik

Default [IBC] aerial roots on ficus retusa

Craig,
First do you want aerial roots on your tree. Second, if you do then the
aerial roots, as with any other tree part, will need to be consistent with
your overall design for the tree. Curved trunk and branches will usually
look best with curved aerials etc. Also the number and location of the
aerials will be dictated by how full you want your design to be.
Almost any style tree can be successful with aerials.
Just some random thoughts.
Why not post a picture?
Jerry Meislik
Whitefish Montana USA
Zone 4-5
http://www.bonsaihunk.8m.com/
My ficus retusa has been growing prolifically since I bought it this
spring. I haven't gotten around to turning it so the back gets any sun,
and on the back of the trunk it has been putting out aerial roots. They
aren't dropping from the undersides of branches, just sprouting from the
trunk. Should I cut them off or encourage them to grow?

Craig Cowing

++++Sponsored, in part, by Dale Cochoy++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++