Old 23-08-2003, 08:13 PM
Jim

Default Help needed: PUMP died over night

Ok, I found someone that would make it out on a Saturday (David, from
Freshwater Flora & Fauna in Escondido). Determined that there were 2
clear problems:

1) GFI outlet is no longer responding properly. The pump still works,
but it was having an electrical issue. This has been temporarily
addressed. I will be replacing the GFI in the next day or two.
2) David opened up the filter and determined it was in serious need of
cleaning. So, he did some stuff to it today, and will come back in a
couple of days to get things cleaned and running smoothly again.
Looks like prior owners never cleaned it out in the years 99-03, so
needs seriously cleaning.

David or an associate will be back to help out in a couple of days.

Next we can talk about overstocking. Need to determine true water
volume and fish count. Need to continue learning more about the koi.

THanks for reading, more later I'm sure,
Jim

(Jim) wrote in message om...
[...]
This morning, I woke up early, and could not hear the waterfall.
Usually this occurs when the pump's filter gets gummed up and it can
not get enough water through to support both the waterfall and
wall-spouts. Went out to check the filter, and found that the pump
had stopped. Flipped it off and on, checked its circuit breaker, no
change. Checked the filter, it had some stuff in it, but it was not
yet at a level I would have been concerned about cleaning it. Anyway,
the bottom line is that the pump is dead, it does not even try to
work.