Old 23-08-2003, 11:02 PM
Anne Lurie

Default definition of the term *Plonk*

I can identify with that particular "plonk"!!! Actually, it was more like
the sound of a phone handset being slammed on a wooden desk because the
telemarketer at the other end of said phone did not recognize the name of
its company's chief competitor. (As in, "No, thanks, I don't need your DSL,
because I have RoadRunner." "What's RoadRunner?"

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"Bob Adkins" wrote in message
AFAIK, both definitions are a little off. "Plonk" is the sound of a
telephone slamming down, as in hanging up on someone in disgust. It is

used
to indicate the plonker is sending the plonkee to the kill file. :-)