Old 24-08-2003, 01:32 AM
Barbara2245

Default Help needed: PUMP died over night

joe wrote in message ...
Jim wrote:

* Where can I turn to replace the pump?

Where in San Diego do you live? There is a place on the end of Claremont
Mesa called Aquatic Warehouse (858)467-9297 5466 Complex Dr.. They might
have a pump.

Alternately, I have a spare submersible pump but I would need it back very
soon for the same reason you are having trouble - always have a backup. I'm
kind of busy today, but if you need it please call me (858) 272-0211. I live
in Claremont.

* Recommendations for someone that can do the work on a Saturday in
San Diego?

Good luck. Try :
http://www.koiclubsandiego.org

The rule was 100 gallons per koi and 10 gallons for goldfish so you
are about 40 goldfish over. Look for a Magnetic drive pond pump that
will pump at least 300 gallons per hour. Mag drive are the most
economical to run. The price could be around $150-$200 depending on
the size. I would assume your pump is submersible which is quieter
than the above ground. Good luck!
They might know someone.

* What can I do to help the fish survive while the pump is offline?

Get a pump immediately.

Joe