Old 24-08-2003, 04:32 AM
MattR

Default pond filter

Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 03:29:51 GMT

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:

Don't people with fluidized filters also need UV?

Aren't those pressurized?

I don't think they have to be but they could. The water has to go
through at a consistent rate to keep the beads or sand from settling.
But other than that it shouldn't matter. I think those things really
are for koi or big fish loads because they're made just for removing
ammonia.

The lilies are in my sandy soil and I feed them twice a month with Tomato
spikes. The others are in semi-sandy soil and rocks, I don't feed those. In
the spring the frogs come in and between them and spawning then all the
tadpoles they fertilize, then later I put out 2-4 large goldfish, they
spawn and parents and babies fertilize the plants. ~ jan

Great! so there is hope for my plants. My lillies are in mostly clay.
The rest are in pea gravel. Ever since the water cleared they're
shooting roots out everywhere. Now, I just need to remove a lot of the
little fish and they're getting wise to the trap...