Old 24-08-2003, 05:12 AM
J. Lane

Default Watering Ban What to do

You could do a web search on xeriscape gardening, phone your local
agricultural center to find out what native plants live in your area, or
find out if any parks in your area have a xeriscape garden and go visit it
to note the plants and shrubs they use.
--
Jayel
"Olentangy" wrote in message
om...
My city here in suburban KC has issued a full outdoor watering ban.

What type of shrubs/trees should I plant if I have to replace them
that would be able to survive this extreme climate, if it persists
year after year? We seem to be getting hotter and dryer in the
summers, and I want to have landscaping that needs minimal watering.
Unfortunately, desert foliage "cacti etc.. will not work here as we
have winters!

What can I do?