Old 24-08-2003, 07:22 AM
John Caldwell

Default Favorite garden tool/best gift for gardeners

My favorite tool is not usually considered a garden tool. It is a masonry
pointed trowel. They come in three sizes. I like the one that has a blade
about 3.5" long. After sharpening, you will find no tool more precise and
easy to work with for "down on your knees" weeding. Use it for below the
surface root cutter. Not as a pry tool. You'll love it.

"Heidi" wrote in message
om...
Hi all,

I would like to generate a list from folks of their
favorite/indespensible garden tools and/or their favorite gift to give
or receive related to gardening (other than plants .

My favorite tool is also the best gift I have both received and given to
others: the cape cod weeder. Every time I use my cape cod weeder I
sing its praises! That little tool makes yanking up crab grass and
other weeds so much easier!

Happy gardening!
Heidi