Old 24-08-2003, 10:02 AM
Mooshie peas

Default Allergy to Bt cotton?

On 21 Aug 2003 06:56:45 GMT, Brian Sandle
posted:

A problem with some farms is the back-breaking work.

That's why they have invented machinery

There is room for
ingenious inventors of hand-tools.

In what area? Haven't most jobs got a wealth of tools available for
their carrying out?

My back was bad when I was young, but I
wasn't doing bend over work. Now I am experimenting with not eating grain,
even rice, and my lower back is much better.

From the hand harvest? Really?

In a homogeneous society one way may suit everyone, but it may be cruel
when people are different. For some the chemicals are the trouble, and
they can't read the labels very functionally.

Then the folks who know about this tell them IME.

Then who is to know when nettles start growing

Perhaps the half intelligent farmer and above?

in a Roundup Ready soy,
corn, or cotton field, and Roundup lets them grow, and someone says you'll
have to get Pursuit and mix it.

And they don't know all about this long ago?
Strange scenario you paint.

It works but do they know the extra
cautions?

Um, they read the label, authorised by the EPA?

The company wants to make money,

That's their sole and proper aim in life.
Caveat emptor.

and may not be the best
advisor. Who else is there?

EPA, Ag department, Ag advisor, farmers groups, internet.