Old 24-08-2003, 12:12 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Default Identify these weeds in my lawn?

Joe Wilson said:

It looks like I have three different kinds of weeds going on in my yard.
Could someone help me identify them so I can try and get rid of the
problems?

http://www.pbase.com/joesimages/weeds

I think Weed2 and Weed3 are actually the same thing. I appreciate the help
in advance!

Crabgrass and spurge (weed 4). These are annual weeds.
A thick, healthy lawn provides very few opportunities for annual weed seeds to
sprout. Proper mowing, fertilizing, and watering should thicken up that lawn.

Crabgrass:
http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7456.html
Spurge:
http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7445.html