Old 24-08-2003, 01:32 PM
Gene Schurg

Default Shade cloth at Home Depot?

Gannet,

Sounds to me like they were giving 100% shade with the Home Depot
Stuff...probably not meant for horticultural uses.

I ordered mine from Charlies Greenhouse. www.charliesgreenhouse.com

You can buy it with raw edges or hemmed with grommets.

Good Growing,
Gene

wrote in message
I went to Home Depot yesterday, hoping to buy some shade cloth.

Well, they *had* shade cloth, but it seemed somewhat strange. It came
in different colors, not grades. It all seemed quite "dark". There
was no rating on any of it, although on one package it had
adver-speak: "Up to 75% more shade!"

Has anyone seen this stuff? Is this the same shade cloth used for
orchids & such? If not, where can I order the Real Thing?

TIA

Gannet
St. Petersburg, Florida