Old 24-08-2003, 01:32 PM
blouoogadam

Default [IBC] Cuttings?!

Hey again,

I live in South Africa, and we had a really hot winter. I took cuttings
from
three different trees at three different times.

1. Acaia sp. I took in the fall. (May)
2. Milkwood tree. I took mid winter. (July)
3. Peach tree. I took about two weeks back.

Now, all except the fruit trees seem to have died. My trees stand outside,
my cuttings in a semi shaded area. My trees get more sun than my cuttings.
put saucers beneath the pots so the soil won't go too dry. The thorn trees
seems the 'deadest' of all. I tested for flexibility and it broke right
off.
So I just left it and hoped it was only the one, but I pulled another from
the soil and it looked wrotted.

The other two I haven't touched because it might be too soon. Obviously the
peach tree looks sovar the best. The cuttings are still green at least. The
milkwood tree's cuttings are a browny green now, but I am too scared to
pull
one out to see what's going on.

Need more info?

Thanx,