Old 24-08-2003, 04:02 PM
Desert Traveler

Default SPA Help

"John" wrote in message
et...
I do not know if this is the right newsgroup or not, but I couldn't find

any
others that might be close. I am considering buying a spa from a

warehouse
type location and not a retail dealer as the price seems to be better.

The
brand is lifesprings spa and the type of material that they use is called
duraflex. The model I am considering is the 8000 model. It has a 4 hp

motor
and 2 speeds. Is anyone familiar with this spa or company. Also, I live

in
CA and wondering if anyone know if having the GFCI located in the

structure
of the spa is legal?

Thanks for any help provided.
John

Go to a cheapo store and buy a cheapo spa, and that is what you get. I own
two Catalina Spas. After educating myself regarding spas, I wouldn't own
anything else. We have a local guy who buys and sells used spas. He is
great on service after the sale, too. Better spas have better parts. More
jets. Longer lasting equipment. One of those cheapo spas from a cheapo
outfit is a bag of snakes. You might consider a good used spa for less than
a bad new one. I paid $3,000 for each of mine, and they both were two years
old. They retailed new for $6,000 each.

Or, you could buy an off brand and gamble your money.

Steve