Old 24-08-2003, 05:03 PM
Brian Sandle

Default Bt pesticide resistance

In sci.med.nutrition Gordon Couger wrote:

"Brian Sandle" wrote in message

She claimed association with Oregon State University.

With your spelling, Gordon, maybe Open University, where she has
been in charge of a dept rather than Oregen University.

That is if it is who I think it is. How about some refs for this
serious charge so we can patch up if necess.

She actually had guest
privileges to use one professors lab and a library card. I called and asked
the department she was claiming association with. She had failed to make
tenure in two departments at OSU.

She referenced a paper that didn't exist. When it was later published it
claimed 1 in 100 certainty with 90 trials

So far so good, how many subjects per trial?

and data that didn't agree with
the findings was discarded with out being included an marked in the paper.

That doesn't sound likely to be done. There could be other reasons
for rejecting the data, maybe incompleteness.

The paper would get an undergrad a D or F were I come from.

The lady takes a great deal of liberty with the truth.

Did she write the questionable paper or just quote it? If it has
been found lacking following publishing has she been asked for
comment? And why didn't the peer reviewers pick it up?