Old 24-08-2003, 05:12 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Question for Group

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 15:22:11 GMT, John Pascarella
wrote:

Is it ok to post eBay auctions in this newsgroup? I have past issues of
gardening (OG, National Gardening and such) magazines that my father had
in his basement that I need to liquidate. Thanks in advance.

It's not OK.

Suppose every person auctioning gardening-related stuff on
Ebay posted their auctions here? The newsgroup would die
under the weight of the advertisements. AFAIK, this is a
non-commercial newsgroup and doesn't allow advertising.

But you can have a reference to them as a .sig (signature)
file - that's accepted on newsgroups. When you participate
in conversations here, people will see the .sig file.

It would be best to refer to a web page that you put up -
and that page in turn can list all your auctions.

..Sig files should be preceded by two dashes and a space (as
the first characters in a line) and really shouldn't take up
more than four lines although a line or two more probably
wouldn't stir up much ire.

(See my .sig file as an example.)

Pat