Old 24-08-2003, 05:42 PM
Sacha

Default Climber for a waterless location

in article , Charlie Pridham at
wrote on 24/8/03 5:14 pm:

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

All right, it is not THAT bad, but it is in the rain shadow of the
house and gets no direct rain at all. Cyclamen coum LOVE the location
and it is underplanted with them. It faces north east and there is a
paving block drive that gets rain and it can reach with its roots.

snip
You could try Ercilla volubilis, Roger Van loon got on ok with it in Begium,
its a thug here in the shade and very scented in February-march when it
flowers. mine is also growing on a heap of builders rubble so quite dry

Charlie, did yours take a while to get going? Ours certainly did but it
seems to have taken off a bit more now. We have it in the front of the
house but not going up it. It's coming over a low wall where we park our
cars.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk