Old 24-08-2003, 07:12 PM
marc

Default need to find healthy aquarium plants -Eastern Iowa

Just cut the moneywort wherever and it will multiply

Marcus
Http://www.Aquatic-store.com This weeks sales co2 tanks
Co2 regulator, bubble counter and needle valve $75.20

Webboard

http://aquatic.yupapa.com/phpbb/index.php

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 22:25:14 -0500, Dennis Fox wrote:

Hello all,

I need to add some plants to my freshwater tanks, but the LFS's around
here only seem to have pathetic, sick-and-dying plants.

Where is there a decent source of plants in the Cedar Rapids/Iowa City
area (where I live) or in the Quad Cities area (where I work)?

I have seen that one can order plants from some websites. What kind of
experience have people had doing this? Do the plants arrive in healthy
condition? Or at least salvagable?

Also a plant care question:

I already have one Amazon Sword and one Moneywort ... both growing well
in one tank. I can see that the Sword can easily be split in two at
the rhyzome/roots, and am about to do that. I have no idea how to deal
with the moneywort, which is tall enough to need pruning. How can I
safely "multiply" it?

Thanks for any leads!
Dennis