Old 24-08-2003, 09:22 PM
zookeeper

Default Poll: plants in gravel or clay/soil?

Mike Miller wrote:
... Whose marginals are in gravel and whose are in soil
of some type? How well do they grow? Do you fertilize, or add K at all to
your pond? ...

All plants in 1-2 inch lava rock and/or river pebbles, topped with 3-5
inch river rock (rounded, mostly flat and smooth); except lotus (when I
have it) in clay / loam. I don't feed anything except lotus when I have it.

Everything grows well, except now that I'm adjusting KH, I'm noticing
that some plants do better with low KH and some do better with high KH.
Am still planning to add some potash, which I expect will even out some
of the differences caused by raising the KH.
--
Zk
3500gal pond, 13 pond piggies (automatic fertilizing machines)