Old 24-08-2003, 10:12 PM
PA

Default black plastic to cover allotment

"R" wrote in message
om...
have just taken on an allotment plot. Does anyone one where to get
cheap black plastic or sacking to cover it until next year? Have
already tried garden centres and DIY sheds.
thanks
R.

Hello R
I had the same idea, after some looking I found it not to be the cheap
option,
the cheapest I found was for a 4m by 25m roll of a fairly heavy gauge for
about £35,
I would need 3-4 rolls to cover my allotment.
So I applied glyphosate about 3 weeks ago which is now killing all the weeds
off,
now I'm going to put a few inches of manure over it and leave it till next
spring then dig it in
And pray there's not to many weed seeds in the manure.
Paul