Old 25-08-2003, 01:02 AM
Phisherman

Default Relocating a blueberry bushes

Oak Ridge, just over the hill from the "famous" Y12 plant. I'm not
sure about your side of the woods, but the mosquitoes are
exceptionally voracious this year. I enjoy hiking in the Haw Ridge
hills, and see lots of wild blueberries scattered throughout, but none
are as big as mine. I guess you are near/close to Newport. I'm not a
TN native, moved here 14 years ago from Los Angeles and originally
from Cleveland, Ohio.

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 21:21:51 -0400, "madgardener"
wrote:

yer over here?? And just where in Eastern Tennessee are you Phisherman??
madgardener also in Eastern Tennessee..........(somewhere in and about I-40
and the split at I-81...................................)
"Phisherman" wrote in message
.. .
The area where one or two blueberry bushes is getting too much shade.
One plant, which will stay, is large and very productive. All three
plants are of a different variety. The other two bushes, I'm thinking
about moving them about 20 feet to a sunnier location. They are
established with about 5 to 6 years of growth, and about 3 feet tall,
and very little fruit production. I'm in zone 7, east TN. When is
the best time of year to attempt to move these? What is the best
procedure? Are my chances of success better than 50%?
Thanks.