Old 25-08-2003, 05:12 AM
Tim Fischer

Default SPA Help

I disagree with the others about the "big box" spas. We have one that the
previous owner bought from Menards (sort of like Home Depot). It's made by
Jacuzzi, not exactly a "no name". The control pack is made by Balboa, who
makes control packs for the biggest names in the business. The spa is
nicely insulated and doesn't cost much to run.

Does it have as many jets as a $6000+ spa? Heck no. But is it relaxing to
sit in? Definitely. And the previous owner paid less than $2500 for it.

As to "who will service" -- any spa dealer worth their salt will service. I
replaced a faulty pressure switch from a local dealer that ONLY deals in
parts and repair, I don't think they sell spas at all. The parts are all
standard across many spas, especially with Balboa control systems.

Just my experience.

-Tim