Old 05-02-2003, 08:58 PM
len

Default Tomato Cages Online?

"Phaedrine Stonebridge" wrote in message

Rebars eh?

Yeah, but not the kind you make reef anchors out of, the kind thati is used
for driveway and garage, concrete. My neighbor has been using the for over
20 years. They are 4x4mesh.

Sounds interesting. Thanks for responding. Would you mind
giving a little description please? I assume you use the bars as
verticals and that you are using the narrowest ones you can get. Do you
have them cut to size?

diagonal pliers, dikes

What do you use for horizontal members and how
are you attaching the two? Are you welding? Are they not kind of heavy
and how are you storing them? Do the plants seem to mind all the excess
iron?

no

Seriously, we have used commercially available tomato cages. They get blown
over, when heavy , don't last very long. Just basicaly unsat. While the guy,
nextdoor, has used his for years, he leaves his outdoors. I suggest that
anybody, wanting to build tomato cages, buy 4x4 rebar, 4 foot high, make
them into 18 inch cages. Then, you can use the m for the rest of your life.
Len