Old 25-08-2003, 05:42 AM
Dinky

Default hornwort growth rates

"Gbruce121" wrote in message

hey all..

I just had a quick question. I just got back from petsmart and i picked

up
some hornwort for my 29 gal community tank. I really like the way it

looks,
and wanted to find out how much of it I should get. The tank could

probably
hold three or four plants of the size I had purchased, but I'm not sure if

can just have the one plant and let it grow. I have, among other fish, a
couple of kissing gouramis and also several fiddler crabs, and the last

time I
tried to add plants to it they ate them in about two weeks. Trying this

again,
but I wanted to know if hornwort grows as fast as Cabomba, or should I

just
keep getting new plants when they eat the old ones?

I have known hornwort to grow up to 4 inches in a day. I had it fill a 20
high to the point where the fish were near to panic from a double bunch 12
inches long in less than 3 weeks. It's a weed. Great for lowering nitrates,
LOL!