Old 25-08-2003, 06:02 AM
B & J

Default CONTAINERS FOR SAVING YOUR SEEDS

"animaux" wrote in message
Good tip, but one caveat: Make sure all seeds are completely dry, and I

mean
completely. If not, any tiny amount of moisture in a sealed plastic bag

can
cause them to develop fungus and the seed will no longer be viable. I

also use
small plastic bags, but I leave the bags open and standing on end. I only

seal
them for sending them to people and by then the seeds are dry.

Excellent advice! I tried storing seeds in sealed bags and found viability
was greatly reduced. After that initial experience I now keep seeds in an
open, cool place and share them via mail in sealed plastic bags but make
sure they're in paper containers when I share them with friends who do not
plan to sow them immediately.

John