Old 25-08-2003, 07:02 AM
Alan Gould

Default Beans gone over what use?

In article , Rusty Hinge
writes

I was under the impression that it was dangerous to freeze vegetables
without blanching them. Certain bacteria can multiply (slowly) in very
cold conditions. The word e-coli keeps popping up in me 'ed.

Commercial freezing companies are obliged to blanch for that reason.
Gardeners freezing their own vegetables are able to select the best
quality goods and to deal with them immediately after picking - i.e
before any bacteria can develop. In our own case, all our crops are
organically grown so we prefer to maintain their good flavour and
texture as far as possible when freezing them or storing them by any
other means. We have not blanched any of our produce for many years.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.