Old 25-08-2003, 09:12 AM
gregpresley

Default Runner Beans (Phaseolus coccineus) - digging-up and storing

I don't know what the answer is, but I have also read that scarlet runner
beans are perennial in their place of origin, which I presume is somewhere
in Mexico. However, at least one of my sources says that they are most
productive in their first year, so I don't know if there is any benefit to
trying to winter them over.
"al" wrote in message
Umm... If one digs up Runner Beans at the end of their season and stores

over the winter, do the plants
retain their vigour. I do not know of any gardeners who treat Runners as

perennial. I have only
read about the practice. I am curious to hear from anyone who treats

Runners as perennial.