Old 25-08-2003, 12:42 PM
Brian Sandle

Default Byssinosis from GM cotton?

In sci.med.nutrition Gordon Couger wrote:

"Brian Sandle" wrote in message
In sci.med.nutrition Gordon Couger wrote:

"Brian Sandle" wrote in message
snip
More likely they used pre-planting Roundup to remove weeds which
would compete with the emerging cotton. But the nettles were not
killed.

Nettles are perennial plants that root deep in the ground. The

area had had one rain in 2 months that they planted cotton after.
They did not bother to spray a few nettles when they would have to
spray in week or two for the weed that came up after the rain. You
don't spend the money for a few nettles that you will get a better
kill on when they have more leaves and growth.

Showing resistance, then. That is why Pursuit is needed?

Where did you get the idea Prusuit was used?

As I posted:

Subject: GM crop farms filled with weeds (Was: Paying to find non-GE wild corn?)
Newsgroups: sci.med.nutrition,nz.general,sci.agriculture
Date: 20 Aug 2003 23:38:36 -0500