Old 25-08-2003, 01:02 PM
Pat Meadows

Default what is "Vitaminna"?

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 17:14:58 -0700, "hort-4"
wrote:

is it another cabbage/bok Choy relative?

Yes. It is. It's a darker green than most, almost looks
like Swiss chard. It has a form similar to chard too:
loose leaves on stalks.

I think the darker color - and the extreme speed with which
it grows - are its chief claims to fame.

Sorry, forgot to include the URL for Kitazawa in the first
message: http://www.kitazawaseed.com/

They don't yet sell from the web, but there's an email
address on the website and they'll be happy to send you a
catalog if you email them. I received a catalog and emailed
my order in - easy enough. If you are more
security-conscious than I and don't wish to put your credit
card number in an unencoded email (not a good idea, really,
I won't do it again) you could phone an order in.

On the whole, their prices are higher than Evergreen, but
they have some seeds that Evergreen doesn't carry (such as
the Vitaminna). I also got a Fluffy Top Chinese cabbage
from them, and it's a real winner: a stunning plant. Just
lovely. (Bear in mind that I consider most of the garden
vegetables beautiful when healthy and well-grown....)

Pat