Old 25-08-2003, 01:02 PM
magus kent

Default my Pl*co behavior (g)

"*muffin*" wrote in
:

watching the pond last night (with the lights on in the pond)
it was fascinating watching these fish swim around.... and there was
the BIG Pl*co (which is over 10") swimming on its back,, sucking at
the water slurping in the floating fish food.

(awww he was soooo cute ...I hope we can catch him in an inopportune
moment so we can get him inside for the winter.)

I'll try to post pics.

Here in zone 5 I won't even try a pl*co outside, but when I have to catch
one in an aquarium I'll put a piece of appropriately sized PVC pipe in
and when he goes in, reach in, cover bothe ends and lift out the pipe
with occupant. This works on small ones and my (approx) fifteen sailfin
pl*co in a 90 gal tank...m