Old 25-08-2003, 02:12 PM
jel

Default Favorite garden tool/best gift for gardeners

When I moved in to my first house, a friend gave me a "gift bucket" with a
dandelion weeder (not sure of the technical name), trowel, pruning shears,
gloves, and a knee pad in a galvanized bucket. That was the best gift and
I've used them constantly. I was also pleased that the former owners left
behind a shovel, hedge trimmers (manual), and a bag of potting soil, all of
which I have also used and been thankful for.

What I'd love to have for my yard is the cape cod weeder you mentioned. :-)
I have a yard full of crab grass and I need to get it under control. I'd
also like to steal a friend's power tool - interchangable string trimmer,
edger, and blower attachments.

Garden wise I'd like to find a friend to help me put together a compost bin.