Old 25-08-2003, 04:22 PM
Phaedrine Stonebridge

Default Celebrating Abundance!

In article ,
Pat Meadows wrote:

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 23:14:40 -0500, Phaedrine Stonebridge
wrote:

Today's harvest:

* 8 patty pan squash
* 6 yellow crookneck squash
* 9 zucchinis
* a laundry basket full of (large) tomatoes
* 2 cucumbers
* a 5-gallon pail full of Swiss chard
* a large colander full of cherry tomatoes
* basil
* a large colander full of string beans: half purple and
half yellow
* 1 green pepper

How wonderful! Happy gardening

It's really a treat after the very slow start we had, with
constant rain and cold all spring. I had begun to think that
first frost (around October 1 here) would occur before we
got any ripe tomatoes!

We are having a terrible hot spell (mid to high nineties) here in
Missouri Z5b. Our garden has crawled almost to a stop despite our
watering. I am guessing it is the weather. The tomatoes are loaded
with green tomatoes that are just not ripening. About the only thing
that is producing well are the black-eyed peas.