Old 25-08-2003, 04:32 PM
Toonartist

Default Speaking of melons

Hi all,

I've grown melons before and always pick them too early. In fact, cantaloupe
grew this year from a seed that must have come from my compost.

Anyway, has any had success growing melons/pumpkins on a trellis or wire
fencing. I've heard they grown pretty well as long as you support the fruits
with slings. I find that the melon and pumpkin vines overtake my relatively
small garden, so I thought this may be a good alternative

I'm already planning my garden for next year and wanted any advice on
growing melons/pumpkins this way.

Thanks in advance,
-Kevin

--
Don't forget to check out my cartoon, Virtual Humor!
http://www.kevinduffy.net/vh.htm