Old 25-08-2003, 04:42 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Dried up Willow

I just returned from an extended absence of 3 weeks (2 on
vacation, 1 for
work). For the most part, my trees came through very well -

with one
glaring exception. I have a willow where ALL the leaves are

now brown and
crispy. I know willows are pretty tough, so I pulled it from

the pot and
put it in a much larger container in a shaded area. I've been

misting, but
am careful not to over-water. Any hope for this tree?

Not if you really "pulled" it from its pot.

Is there green under the bark? If so, treat it as a cutting. In
Cleveland, it's probably too late in the summer for any new
growth to harden off before your winter (which the new edition of
the Farmer's Almanac says is gonna be horrendous in the Midwest
and northeast) sets in, so it will need winter protection.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Dale Cochoy++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++