Old 25-08-2003, 05:02 PM
Shiva

Default Peachy-Orange and Purply Bed

Unique Too wrote:

So how about this:
JUST Joyfulness and Royal Amethyst! Just these two varieties,
maybe six plants a piece. [I can imagine the collective gags
of you pinky-white-light-peachy-only rose lovers, but if
you must give voice, I can take it!]

Have a feeling this may have been aimed at me, so I'll comment.

Hee! Not really, but I'm glad I got your attention. There are lots of folks
who don't like contrasting brights.

I like the
apricot and dark red colors together. In fact, I have Lady Hillingdon, a pale
apricot, next to the deep red of Dark Shadows.

Oooo. Tell me about it. Orange and purple are energizing, but, say,
Jude the Obscure and Ink Spots are just plain delicious to the eye.

The coral of First Edition and
lavender Angel Face looked great together, maybe my favorite color combo ever.
So there. g

No way! You just busted clean out of my sterotype for you! g

Julie

Julie, I know you don't grow too many moderns, but have you ever
grown Apricot Nectar? It is the rose I currently long for. One of
those fab 1960s floribundas. Bulletproof like Europeana.