Old 25-08-2003, 06:32 PM
dstvns

Default Remove Grass or Kill it????

On 25 Aug 2003 01:44:48 GMT, (PaNjDeFemale)
wrote:

I have an area in the shape of a strip with a few trees and shrubs and would
like to eliminate the grass that fills in the rest of the area and cover with
mulch. Do I have to remove all the grass or can I kill it off instead? Thanks
for any answers.

The natural (and thus less expensive) solutions would be newspaper
mulch and/or sunflower seeds. Depending on the size of the lot you
might not be able to find enough newspaper to kill all the grass. The
sunflower seed shells are phyto-toxic, so they would kill the grass
and the resulting space would be taken over by the seeds. I bet if
you got a big $10 bag of black sunflower birdseed from wal mart and
threw them around in early spring you could have the place full of
sunflowers by july or august

Dan