Old 25-08-2003, 06:32 PM
Jim Webster

Default Animals avoid GM food

"Brian Sandle" wrote in message
Jim Webster wrote:

As in the UK there is no such thing as grass fed milk in the winter,

while
even the 'grain feed' is actually a complex mixture of things such as

sugar
beet, maize gluten, rape meal etc, I suspect that the figures are pretty
meaningless

Looks like quite a bit of omega-6 in that diet.

which week, because that is how often the diet components can change at
times

Alf Christophersen h

and he is exactly who?

A long time writer on sci.med.nutrition who seems very knowledgable.

Never having subscribed to the group I cannot comment either way about him

I know about reumatic
: people who can eat freely mutton when the sheeps has just come
from the
: mountains, but get very sick in spring if the mutton is a sheep
that has
: been fed with n-6 rich food during winter. A big difference is the
: n-6/n-3 proportion which is very low in the autumn after the animals
has
: been fed wild growing grass that are rich in n-3 acids and low in
n-6
: acids. In spring, the proportion is normally high because the
sheep are
: fed grains that mostly contain n-6 acids and thus the meat should
: contain significant amounts of arachidonic acid.

oh goodie

an anecdote.
But any trails, or any evidence?

Pubmed has a lot on arachidonic acid, COX pathways and inflammation.

What about lamb and eating it at different times of year?

Jim Webster