Old 25-08-2003, 08:12 PM
Mark Anderson

Default Half Ripened Tomatoes

In article says...
I would agree with that.
One thought... Too much exposure to sun can make some tomatoes ripen
funny. Usually you see it on the top (around the stem) leaving an area
that never ripens normally. I wonder if the sun exposed side is the part
that stays green when it happens in your garden. Have you lost some
leaves to disease this year?

That is what's happening. My staking system was not up to par this year
and the plants are falling all over the place. The half in the shade
start to turn red.

Kswck wrote:

Wait till they are ripe all the way around.

I'm afraid the red side will get soft and rotten by the time the green
side turns red.